Saturday, August 22, 2009

Calum Davenport Stabbed at Home

West Ham United have released a statement announcing that Calum Davenport was stabbed last night whilst at home. Sky Sports News are reporting that the West ham defender was stabbed in both his legs.

The Telegraph report that two men, aged 19 and 25, have been arrested in connection with the attack. They say that sources close to the footballer claim the attackers were “not unknown” to the family.

The club statement reads:

"West Ham United can confirm that Calum Davenport was being treated in hospital on Saturday afternoon after an incident late on Friday night.

The 26-year-old defender and his mum both suffered stab wounds at home in Bedford. His mum is recovering while Calum underwent surgery this morning and his injuries were described as serious by doctors.

The club's medical team are in contact with hospital staff. The thoughts of everyone at West Ham are with Calum and his family and, due to the ongoing police investigation, no further information will be released at this time."

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! , I am an L.F.C. Supporter, and would like to offer my thoughts and best wishes to Calum, his Mum and their family! Another senseless cowardly act by yet more scum. Here's to a speedy recovery! Mark K.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scum who did this excrement shud go down for life. They shud be hung,drawn,and quartered in that order. Wake up UK MP's and start passing legislation to make sure that filth like this spend the rest of their days in a jail cell. preferably one without sky sports TV.

You will go down COWARDLY WITCH. And you will rot and decay just like the Pan Am bomber did. Except you witch, won't be released on compassionate grounds.

Suck my witch ,FUNT

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of the most disturbing horrific and upsetting stories I've heard in a very very long time and as an ex footballer I felt the need to post a comment as I feel so emotionally affected by the news.

I feel physically sick and utterly ashamed and appalled that our society breeds this disgusting pointless, vulgar, scum that have set out to end this young mans career in such a barbaric, cowardly, brutal and violent way.


I only hope they find themselves in a prison that has hundreds of football fans that feel the same way as I do.

My heart and prayers go out to him, his wife, his mum his family and all that have supported and devoted their time, love and effort to him throughout his life to see him succeed as a footballer.

I hope they rot in hell.

West Ham fans I feel your pain.

Good luck Calum.

Jason Cundy CFC

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi to all Hammer fans,

I just want to express my disgust at the cowardly attack on Calum Davenport and his mother. I hope very much that Calum is able to regain his full physical and mental strength and to continue his footbal career. Every best wish for a full and speedy recovery.

Villa fan, Hereford.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!