Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hull 3 West Ham 3

Cole was back from injury for West Ham and Gabbidon came in for the injured Ilunga.

West Ham started the game really well. Behrami had a shot on target as early as the 50th second. However his shot from just outside the area was straight at the keeper. In the 5th minute Stanilas crossed from the left and Cole's shot from 7 yards was deflected wide for the corner. From the corner Franco headed the opener from 7 yards.

Six minutes later and it was 2-0 to West Ham after Franco lobbed the ball forward from deep to Collison. Collison from around the penalty spot did brilliantly to loop his header over Duke in goal to make it 2-0 to West Ham.

After that early flourish from West Ham however Hull dominated the half. In the 26th minute Hull won a freekick just outside the West Ham area to the left of the goal. Bullard's freekick was blocked by Parker but skipped up and Cole's instinctive header flew back and into the back of the net for an own goal.

In the 43rd minute Hull won another freekick, this time on the left wing. Bullard's freekick this time was fired low into the six yard box and Zayatte got to the ball first and fired it in first time from six yards. Two minutes later and Faubert and Fagan both went up for a ball just inside the West Ham area. Fagan went down from the merest of touches and the ref gave Hull a penalty. Bullard duly scored from the spot to make it 3-2 to Hull going into the break.

West Ham had the first shot in anger in the second half when Franco shot just wide of the right hand post in the 48th minute. In the 53rd minute Scott Parker was clean through on goal when he was brought down cynically just outside the Hull area. Mendy was sent off for the foul. From the freekick Stanislas fired well wide right of the goal.

In the 68th minute from a Stanislas corner there was a scramble in the box, the ball fell to Da Cosat and he fired home left-footed from six yards. After the equaliser West Ham looked the most likely to score.

Their best chances to the win the game both came from headers. In the 86th minute Stanislas should have got the winner but his header from six yards was straight into the ground and bounced over the bar. In the 91st minute Collison did a little better and his header from ten yards at least forced a save from the keeper. West Ham also came close to a winner in the 81st minute when Jimenez just missed wide of the right hand post from the edge of the area.

So a six goal thriller, with a sending off and a dubious penalty should be enough to see West Ham given last slot again on Match of the Day tonight.


At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All well and good playing pretty football,but if we concede needless free kicks and penalties what's the point? How long is it going to take before this manager focuses enough on defending properly without committing needless and costly fouls?

Not good enough ,again. And there is not time for excuses

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Ian the Hammer said...

When are we going to win a game after being 2-0 up!!!! If we dont start putting games to bed we're in BIG trouble. Hang on a minute, we are in big trouble!!!!!!

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous TBI said...

Only money will help us now LOTS OF IT!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!