Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Behrami Committed to the Cause

The Daily Mail have taken Carlton Cole's absence from West Ham's usual starting eleven as a sign that he will be offloaded by West Ham in January. They claim that Avram Grant will look to cash in on the player before his value plummets.


Valon Behrami is probably hoping that he gets a bit of run in the team now that Mark Noble is sidelined for a month. Behrami says he is committed to West Ham,

"I am feeling good. I have had some bad luck in the last two years with injuries and it seems I have spent a lot of time in this situation. It is normal that my confidence is not so high but I have been working hard and if I keep giving this effort, it will be okay. I am thinking positive.

"It is not always easy but it is great to be back with the team and ready to play again. It is very important for me to get back to playing. A lot of things have been written and said. The only place I can prove my commitment is on the pitch and I am here for that."


The Daily Mail report that West Ham defender Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson has joined Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg on a four-day trial.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Paul said...

I'm not sure about the Cole situation. Part of me thinks he won't regain his form, and Liverpool might pay over the odds, so sell him, but part of me thinks we'll leave ourselves short of recognised strikers if we do. I think it's the usually the case that whether it's a good idea to sell a player depends on who gets bought with the money.

I hope Behrami can regain the form he had when he first joined us, we're really going to need it now. It's good to read those comments from him, he seems up for it.

COYI !

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with Paul. As off form as Cole has been,we cannot leave ourselves short of strikers, especially with it being dubious who we wud replace him with . U need look only as far as Benni McCarthy to see what happens when u bring the wrong guy in.

As for Ilunga ,to have paid nigh on 3 million for him seems a poor investment- yet another poor decision by the previous owners

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!